Social Media is an excellent way to not only hone your marketing super powers, but to get important feedback from your customers. It allows you to build your brand, allowing people to become familiar with your look and tone, so they can not only recognize you but remember you when they’re looking to buy. Customers are 75% more likely to buy from a brand they follow on Twitter (Touch Agency).
You’re an expert in your field, right? You’re passionate about what you do and eager to share it with the world? Social media is your forum. This is your chance to show the world that you know what you’re talking about.
When people post about their positive experiences with your brand on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, the whole world can see it. It’s free advertising! “Friends and colleagues’ endorsements, discussed…through Twitter and Facebook updates, are more likely to drive sales than even a positive user review posted on a site…” (Jason Mittelstaedt, CMO at RightNow).
So flex your marketing muscles and sign up for some social media accounts today! Here are 7 tips to make social media work for your business.
- Be Consistent – Before posting, read over your content and ask yourself: Is it relevant? Does it show that we are experts? Does it match our tone and message?
- Be present . . . always – Post regularly. The more often you post, the more likely you are to show up in someone’s newsfeed or inbox. Social Media is a great way to stay present in your audience’s minds. However, find a balance between spam and absence.
- Keep up – Keep informed of new Social Media platforms and try them out! Different audiences use different forums. Who knows how many new customers you can reach with a new form of media?
- Interact – Interact with your customers. Respond to their replies to your posts and send answers to their questions. They’ll feel heard and as if they’ve gotten great personal customer service. Use their names in replies if you can, this will really help them know that you care about them.
- Show that you’re an expert – This is your chance to prove that you’re the best at what you do! Post relevant articles about your business, lists, and tips and tricks that your customers can try on their own, plus testimonials and pictures!
- Do some research – You probably already have a good idea of who your target audience is. See if you can find out which Social Media platforms your audience uses most and spend most of your time there. Don’t ignore the other options though, you never know how many potential customers don’t fit into the statistics! Research the social media pages of your competition and see what they’re doing, you might find some inspiration or discover what you don’t want to do.
- Promote “Prizes for Shares” – Offer a discount or even a free product to people who interact with your business through social media. Make it a fun contest! Check out other business pages for examples and suggestions.
Finally, track your progress. Make sure that this approach is working for you. Be patient and give it some time, but track how often people are interacting with you, the growth of your “adds” and “likes,” and your sales that are related to your social media presence.